Senior Class Information
Welcome, Class of 2021!
We are looking forward to working with all of you this year! Let's start and finish your last year in high school Bruin Strong!
CLASS OF 2021 ANGP DESIGN CONTEST
Break out your creativity and help us design your ANGP T-shirt and Water Bottle.
- Cash prizes of up to $100 for top submissions.
- Contest is open only to LBSS Seniors.
- ANGP planning committee is requesting design submissions by May 17th.
- T-Shirts: designs can be up to 3 colors and should be square
- Water Bottles: designs should be just one color and rectangular, with the long side twice as long as the short side
- Designs should be emailed to @email by May 17th at 5 pm.
- When you save the file, make sure the filename includes the following information: Your Name Which item the design is for (t-shirt or water bottle)
- Example: John Braddock Water Bottle
The Senior Class will have an opportunity to vote on the design the week of May 17th.
Class of 2021 Formal Event: Starry Night, Saturday, May 22nd at Lake Braddock
Sign up for the Starry Night formal event will start Monday May 10 from 9-2 at Door 1. Please make sure you have all necessary items below ready to turn in to be able to sign up for a time slot.
1. Completed and signed Formal Contract (all attendees must complete this form)
2. Completed and signed Guest Application (only if guest is a non LBSS student)
Each person attending must come to sign up with their own documents. The only exception is for non LBSS students, their LBSS date can sign them up as long as they have the necessary completed forms.
Time Slots available: 8:00-9:00 or 9:30-10:30
Other sign up dates: HS Lunches May 11-20 and Monday May 17 9-2 at Door 1
Bruins, Get Ready for Your Graduation Day Photos!
Interested in ordering graduation day photos? Connect with Victor O'Neil Studios by text, app or visit their website.
- Text BRUINSGRAD21 to 90738
- Download the Victor O'Neil Studios app
- Website: www.VOSphoto.com
Class of 2021 Senior Breakfast, March 16th and March 18th
Dear Seniors, due to the inclement weather we area switching the location of the event. The breakfast has been moved inside to L167 and is no longer a drive-thru event.
- Logistical Changes:
- If you are an in-person student, please come to L167 and pick up your breakfast.
- If you are a virtual student, please park and come to Door 17. A parent volunteer will hand you your breakfast.
- Please do not drive to Door 14 as we are expecting 45 buses to use this route to drop off students.
- Friday Financial Literacy and Football
- Date: 03/19/2021 (Fri.)
- Time: 6:00pm - 9:30pm EST
- Location: LBSS Cafeteria
- Sign-up here: Friday Financial Literacy and Football
As senior year comes to an end, we want you to be prepared for the "real world." Come join us for a financial literacy Q&A. There will be a short presentation about basic financial institutions that will become important to you as you embark on the career or college path. After the financial literacy presentations, feel free to stay for the live streaming of our Homecoming Football Game.
Class of 2021: Come Connect over Cocoa
- Feb. 22nd from 3:15 -4:15 pm
- Hosted by Lake Braddock Secondary School
This event will provide Seniors with an opportunity to connect with friends and with Lake Braddock as they begin their countdown to Graduation. It will be held on campus in the Senior parking area. Visit the Senior Class Google Classroom to learn more or connect here: Sign up for Connect Over Cocoa
Attention Class of 2021, LBSS will be placing the Class of 2021 cap and gown orders soon.
What do you need to do?
Please complete this Google form to ensure your cap and gown is included in the order.
The key information we need is your height and weight to order the correct size.
Senior Stamp Painting Saturday, 12/12
Our extravaganza is from 10:00 am - 3:00 pm. Bring payment: check or cash ($25 exactly).
- wear masks
- remain with their group
- bring a draft of their parking space plans
- follow all campus rules
Please remember, this event is to celebrate the class of 2021 and no inappropriate behavior will be permitted.
Seniors, there will be another Class of 2021 T-Shirt order. Use this online order form to place your order. The shirt is $10 and you can pay using My School Bucks or come to LB on a Monday to pay by Cash, Check, or Credit Card in finance. We plan to place the next order on November 20, 2020.
Senior Portraits: November 10th-12th
Due to safety concerns during the COVID-19 crisis, we will no longer be mailing appointment notices home. It is safer to communicate with everyone through email and allows us to control the number of appointments throughout the day. We are reducing the number of appointments by 50% compared to previous years. Therefore, instead of pre-assigning a date and time for your senior portrait, we are offering you the opportunity to select your date and time through our new scheduling software. Please sign up for your session date and time here: pickatime.com/vosphoto/LakeBraddockss
Fairfax County is no longer allowing any shared clothing for the senior portraits. For the yearbook pose, solid colored dress shirts/tops work well for the camera; jackets and ties are optional. Please note that the photographer will not provide tuxedos and drapes due to county regulations.
We will have the following modifications in place to ensure a safe environment for students, parents, and our staff: We will have signage in place to encourage social distancing while students wait for their turn at each camera. Photographers will not come within physical contact of any student and will stay behind the camera. Photographers and assistants will be in gloves and masks while students are present. All of our staff will have their temperature checked before reporting to work each day. Anyone entering the room where portraits are taking place will have their temperature checked. Props will be sanitized between uses. To limit interpersonal contact, no “walk-in” appointments will be permitted for now.
Senior Class Meeting October 26th at 3:00pm.
UPDATED 10/26/20: Missed the meeting? Click to access the BBCU recording for the Senior Class meeting.
Students, please check your email account for the link to join the meeting. You can also check the Senior Class Google Classroom.
Questions? Please contact the Senior Class Sponsors:
- National Honor Society is accepting applications for the 2020-21 school year for sophomores-seniors. NHS is a service club that aims to provide support to our local community and give high schoolers the opportunity to give back.
- We will be having two interest meetings: October 13th at 3:05 PM and 19th at 10:30 AM. They will cover the application process and what they are expecting from applicants. Make sure to come with questions!
- We will also be having a peer-editing day: November 16th. This is an opportunity for the officers to meet with you and peer-edit your application to prepare for submission.
- In order to attend any of these meetings, join the Google Classroom with code: bwjvbfd. Use the Google Meet link in the Google Classroom to access the meeting. If you are a current NHS member please join their Google Classroom as well!" It will also be in the Instagram bio a couple days before.
- Follow us @lakebraddocknhs.
Please go to the Class of 2021 Google Classroom (code: rswdffr) to vote for your favorite Senior Class T-Shirt design. Voting will end on October 15. We will reveal the winning design during our Senior Class meeting on October 26, at 3pm.
Google Classroom Code