School Improvement & Innovation Plan
Outcome goals for this academic school year
School Improvement Plan At-a-Glance
Lake Braddock Secondary School
Penny Gros, Interim Principal
End of Year SMARTR Outcome – Raise the Bar
By June 2019, students will increase their proficiency in the Portrait of a Graduate skill of Communicator as measured by a 0.25 increase in the average school-wide Likert score for each standard on students’ self-reflection rubric.
- Lake Braddock faculty and students will become familiar with the POG standards and skills of ‘Communicator’.
- Portrait of a Graduate (POG) standards and skills of ‘Communicator’ will be incorporated into student-centered learning activities in all classrooms.
End of Year SMARTR Outcome – Close the Gap
By June 2019, 20% of the students who are identified by two or more indicators, will either decrease their number of data indicators or be removed from the list.
Students will be identified by the following data indicators:
- Attendance (10% absent or more)
- Failed Previous Year English SOL
- Failed Previous Year Math SOL
- 2 or more D/Fs in Previous Year
- Suspended Previous Year one or more times
- High school GPA below 2.0
- There will be a school-wide system to monitor and promote student progress so that all staff members can identify and access interventions to support each student.
- Students who failed a Previous Year Math SOL will be encouraged to participate in a math intervention support class (i.e. small group SPED or Double Block Model).
End of Year SMARTR Outcome – Staff Development
By June 2019, all LBSS instructional staff will implement at least 1 new student-centered instructional strategy that they will sustain throughout the year.
- LBSS will outline a menu of student-centered instructional strategies and provide professional development opportunities to build staff efficacy.
- A suggested timeline of implementation will direct the development of new instructional strategies.
- CTs and departments will provide specific times to share new instructional strategies piloted by teachers.