Lake Braddock Library
Virtual Learning with the LBSS Library
Ready to connect with resources, research, and reading? Please choose your school level to access the correct website.
Please note: you must be logged into your FCPSschools.net account to access the Google Sites below.
Access the High School Distance Learning Library website here
Access the Middle School Distance Learning Library website here
Accessing the Online Library Catalogs
Looking for a great book, ebook, or a database? Use the catalog access points below to connect with Destiny Discover and MackinVIA.
- Destiny Discover offers access to books, ebook and audiobooks, and custom-made resource collections.
- MackinVIA focuses specifically on ebooks, audiobooks, and access to some of the LBSS and FCPS databases.
You can search each catalog without logging in. When you are ready to connect with or check out a resource, log in using your network ID and password, which is the same information that you use to log into Blackboard.
Please contact the LBSS librarians if you need assistance: LBSSLibrary@FCPS.edu
Check here often to learn about the great things happening in the LBSS Library Program.
LBSS Library Online Bookstore
The LBSS Library is hosting an online bookstore through Bookworm Central that will continue throughout the 2020/21 school year. Students, families, teachers, and community members can browse and purchase popular fiction and non-fiction books. Purchases over $30 will be delivered for free. Stock up for the holidays and support the library.
Questions? Please email the LBSS Library Team, @email , with any questions.
Learn More About the Library Equity Access Pass (LEAP)
Starting October 1, 2020, all students (PreK-12) in Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) will have LEAP accounts at FCPL. These public library virtual accounts will allow students to check out up to three items at a time for six weeks each (no renewals).
Why is LEAP Awesome?
- A student only needs their name, not a physical library card, to check out materials.
- LEAP accounts never charge fines or fees.
- A student can have a LEAP account as well as a standard library account (application online and in library branches). Standard accounts allow users to place holds on materials and access FCPL’s digital resources such as eBooks and databases.
Click the link below to access complete details and information.