PSAT Testing Information
**EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: Scores will NOT be sent by email. Students will be expected to create and maintain a College Board account . If you need help please view this video or contact College Board directly. Accessing scores video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I6f51n3-dc.
The PSAT/NMSQT test administration will be digital for all 10th and 11th graders starting Fall 2023.
Parents/guardians have a deadline of Tuesday, August 8, 2023, to return input and consent forms for new or amended College Board testing accommodations (PSAT/NMSQT and SAT School Day) or one-time EL supports (SAT School Day only). The school SSD Coordinator, Darin Byrd @email, has until Tuesday, August 22, 2023, to document and submit accommodation requests online to the College Board. Note that:
- This fall, the PSAT/NMSQT will be delivered digitally. Some accommodations are administered differently on digital tests than for paper/pencil tests. Differences are highlighted in Using Accommodations on Digital Tests.
- Remember that students with accommodations previously approved by College Board SSD do not need to resubmit the request.
All 10th and 11th graders will be automatically registered for the digital assessment
- This is an unscheduled day for most students not participating in the test
- October 11 is a 2-hour early release day for high schools and secondary schools.
- PSAT/NMSQT administration begins in the morning, according to regular school start times.
- High school academy courses are not held on October 11; high school academy staff support base school activities, and all high school shuttles are canceled on this date.
- Students receiving low incidence special education services receive a normal instructional program
- 9th graders will not attend school
- Grade 10-11 students are automatically registered to take the PSAT/NMSQT, with limited exceptions
- Grade 12 students are encouraged to participate in the SAT; those choosing not to take the SAT do not attend school this day
- YOUR SCHOOL ISSUED Chromebook fully charged (or bring your charger).
**Students that do not bring their school issued laptop and/or charger will be dismissed from testing with no make-up opportunity
- PSAT approved calculator if you prefer a handheld. Desmos is provided through the digital version of the PSAT. CALCULATORS WILL NOT BE PROVIDED TO STUDENTS.
- Snack, clear water bottle
- Multiple #2 Pencils (pencils will not be provided)—NO MECHANICAL PENCILS
You may NOT have any electronic “smart” devices such as a cell phone, wearable technology (Smart Watch, Fitbit etc), earbuds and headphones are strictly prohibited.
- Scores will NOT be emailed home
- Students must maintain a valid College Board account and check their College Board account for scores released on November 6 and November 16, 2023
Fill out the following form: https://forms.gle/TBPaiGoGvuLui65Q6 no later than September 22, 2023
All FCPS students have access to Tutor.com and Khan Academy’s free online test preparation, whether they are taking the PSAT for the first time or preparing for eleventh grade National Merit Scholarship qualification. Tutor.com is accessible via Schoology and provides live tutoring services, including PSAT preparation. Please note that Khan Academy will allow students to download practice tests and general test preparation tips without having to create an account. When accessing the customized curriculum, students will need to create an account which requires parent/guardian permission. This year, students will also have access to digital PSAT practice tests via the College Board Bluebook App. Students will participate in a PSAT “Digital Readiness Check” advisory lesson to ensure devices are prepared for digital testing. Details regarding the “Digital Readiness Check” advisory lesson.
Students currently registered at Lake Braddock Secondary School for 10th and 11th grade will AUTOMATICALLY be registered for the digital PSAT.