SOL Schedule and General Information
If at all possible, to minimize scheduling conflicts, please avoid scheduling appointments during your child's scheduled SOL time.
If a student is absent from the original date of testing, they are automatically moved to the make up date. Notification will be emailed to the STUDENT the day before make up testing to include time and location. Students that miss the make up date will then be moved to the designated subject testing date the week of 5/29/23, the FINAL week of testing.
This calendar will be available in 2024.
- SOLs must be taken on FCPS issued laptops
- Personal laptops cannot be used for SOLs
- If you are experiencing technical issues with your laptop, please go to room B122 to have a tech look at it for you
- On the day of testing if you do not have a laptop, please go to the testing office in C101
- If you opted out of obtaining an FCPS school-issued laptop, please go to the Testing Office (C101) the day before your scheduled SOL test to obtain a loaner
- Students will receive an email to their FCPS school email the week before the testing window begins which will tell them where they need to go and any other testing information. STUDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO CHECK THEIR EMAIL.
- If you have trouble locating your email, please go to your subschool
- All internet and Bluetooth connected devices (phones, smart watches, tablets, earbuds, headphones, etc.) are not permitted during SOL testing and should be stored in your locker or another safe place prior to testing. They should not be brought to any test location.
- If a phone, smart watch, or other electronic device is brought to a testing location, the student will be asked to remove it from his/her person and store it away from testers. LBSS staff are not responsible for students’ personal property during testing, so we ask that all students choose a safe location for storing their devices prior to testing.
- If a student is found to have a cell phone, electronic device, or any other internet- or Bluetooth-connected device on them once testing has started, they will be removed from testing and subject to an investigation by an administrator.
- Any use of an internet or Bluetooth connected device in the testing room may result in a search of that device and the student’s score may be canceled, resulting in a 0 (zero) on the test if cheating is suspected. Students who are suspected of cheating may not attempt the SOL again until the next year’s window.
- Academy students will be asked to follow the revised LBSS bell schedule on each day of SOL testing
- Academy students may attend their academy class as long as it does not cause them to miss an LBSS class or SOL test
- If the revised schedule allows for academy students to attend their academy class without missing anything at LBSS, then they can go ahead and attend the academy class.
- If the revised schedule prevents academy students from going to Academy on a certain day and they have a period where they do not have a class to attend at LBSS, they should check with their Subschool to find an alternate location