Senior Fees for Class of 2021
Student Costs for Graduation and Payment Instructions
Dear Class of 2021,
We are in the process of planning a meaningful graduation experience for the class of 2021. As we plan our various events, our top priority will be to keep our students, staff, and community safe. COVID-19 has changed the way we can interact and celebrate our seniors. Understanding our plans may have to readjust along the way to adhere to CDC and FCPS guidelines, we are committed to making these events memorable and special whether they are small group gatherings or virtual celebrations. During our planning process, we have also reviewed our budget and assessed our senior fees.
Senior fees typically cover all school based costs for the students related to their graduation such as payments for the Eagle Bank Arena, diplomas, flowers, caps, gowns, printing, transportation, and a contribution toward the purchase of the senior class gift. Senior fees do not include the costs incurred by individual students such as yearbooks, graduation announcements, All Night Graduation Party tickets, graduation photos, or a graduation DVD.
Since our location and type of graduation is currently pending, we have decided to collect a deposit of $50.00 which will cover the graduation essentials. The deposit does not cover the venue, or any additional requirements associated with the approved ceremony. When we receive approval for the type of graduation ceremony we can hold, we will adjust the senior fee to include a final payment. We anticipate the final payment to range from an additional $15.00- $45.00 depending on the venue and ceremony type.
The preferred method of payment for the Senior Fees deposit is MySchoolBucks (MSB). Beginning Monday, February 1, 2021, the Senior Fee product will be available in the MSB School Store. The instructions for online payments can be found on the Lake Braddock Secondary School website. If you need to pay by check, please make your check payable to Lake Braddock Secondary School, memo Senior Fee. All checks should be dropped off in the main office between 9:00 am-2:00 pm., Monday through Friday, or can be mailed to Lake Braddock, Attn: Finance Office. All seniors, even those who will not graduate until Summer School 2021, must pay the senior fees. Senior Fees are non-refundable. No personal checks will be accepted after May 21, 2021.
Seniors must also meet all previously accumulated debts to the school. Caps and Gowns will not be given to any students until all obligations have been met and senior fees have been paid.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Ms. Hampton, Sub School 3 Assistant Principal, or Mrs. Salgado, Sub School 3 Administrative Assistant.
Sub School 3 Assistant Principal Sub School 3 Administrative Assistant
How to Pay Senior Fees
Online payment for school store items is available through the MySchoolBucks School Store. This online payment service provides a quick and easy way to pay for school-related purchases. You will be able to pay for a variety of school fees using credit/debit cards or electronic checks. MySchoolBucks provides:
- Convenience - Available 24/7 on the web
- Efficiency - Eliminate the need to write checks and for students to bring money to school.
- Flexibility - Make payments using credit/debit cards and electronic checks.
- Security - MySchoolBucks adheres to the highest security standards, including PCI and CISP.
Enrollment is easy!
- Go to www.MySchoolBucks.com or to the MySchoolBucks link located on your school’s homepage to establish an account.
- Add your students using the name of the school they are attending and either their student ID or birthdate.
- You will receive a confirmation email that your account has been established.
- Make purchases with your credit/debit card or electronic checks.
- There are no convenience fees for using the online payment system.
To Pay Senior Fees:
- Log in to MySchoolBucks.
- From the “School Store” dropdown (located at the top of your home screen) select “Browse All Items.”
- Select the Senior Fees Icon.
- Select your senior student’s name from the dropdown menu.
- Click “Add to Basket.”
- Complete payment transaction.