About the Library
Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday
7:30am - 4:30pm*
Wednesday and Friday
7:30am - 3:00pm
*Late Bus Days
BRUIN BLOCK PROCEDURES:
- Stop by the library starting at 7:30 am the day of Bruin Block with your LBSS agenda
- Have your agenda open to the current day; get in the appropriate line (HS and MS have separate lines)
- Provide library staff with your agenda and sign up on the library BB Flex clipboards
- Library staff will stamp your agenda with an LBSS LIBRARY stamp and a number
- Students show their stamped agenda to their assigned BB classroom teacher; classroom teacher decides whether students can flex out to the library
- Teachers: Initial library BB pass in student’s agenda to allow them to flex out at 8:45am (Note: Flex out privilege is at teacher discretion)
- At flex sign in, show your initialed BB pass to library staff and sign in on clipboard
Teachers and Staff:
Passes from teachers are not accepted in the library during Bruin Block.
The library staff issue passes to 100 students per BB and provides space for Academy, Off-Campus Waiver, and online students, as well as remedial tutoring and book groups.
Students should not ask teachers for a green flex pass, or a pass in their planner, to visit the library during Bruin Block.
If students need to check out a book or print a document during Bruin Block, they may do so prior to 8:30 am with a teacher-provided pass in their agenda, during the assigned portion of Bruin Block.
Thank you for your help in keeping this processed streamlined and effective. Please contact any library staff member with questions.
Check out and return library books at the circulation desk at the front of the library.
Loan period - Three weeks with the option to renew each item.
Overdue Fines for books - None
*Please note - library account must be clear of overdue books or unpaid printing fees in order to check out materials.
After School Policies and Procedures
Students can visit the library to check out books and work on schoolwork on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays after school.
All students must sign in at the circulation desk after school. There are separate clipboards for middle school and high school students.
After 2:45pm, all middle school students need a pass in their planner from a teacher or from the After School Specialist, located in the school cafeteria, in order to sign into the library.
High school students can sign in without a pass between 2:45-3:30pm.
After 3:30pm, all high school students must have a pass in their planner or a green, LBSS-issued after school pass signed by the teacher or program leader they were with between 2:45pm and 3:30pm.
How to Print at the Library
Do you need to print while in the library? Here is a quick guide to connecting to the library's printers.
For a step-by-step tutorial, view this Google Site for the printing instructions and policies.
**NOTE: You will have to log into your @fcpsschools.net account to access the Google Site.
Connecting to a Printer:
1. Open the Student Shortcuts icon on your desktop.
2. Select Network Printers
3. Select All Network Printers
4. Type Library into the search box at the top right of the screen.
5. Double-click either printer name to connect.
1. Black and white printing only; no color printing available.
2. Both printers default to double-sided; must manually change if you want single-sided.
3. Limit of 10 pages per day per student.
4. Ten cents per page beyond 10 pages a day.
5. Pick up your print job at the circulation desk where you sign in.
6. Look for a print job cover sheet with your student ID number on it.
7. Must pick up your print job by the end of the school day that the items were printed.
8. Unclaimed print jobs will be charged 10 cents per page even if it is less than 10 pages.
Student Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer Opportunities are available in the library on most late bus days (M., T. and Th.) from 2:45pm-3:45pm.
Up to three students per day can volunteer on most late bus days.
Please visit the library in advance of the day(s) you wish to volunteer to sign up on the volunteer calendar located at the circulation desk.
Students must report promptly after school on the day they have signed up to volunteer in order to receive credit for their volunteer hour.
Please see Mrs. Sands at the circulation desk with any questions.