High School Sports Try Out Information
Try Out Dates
|Fall (August 3rd)||Winter (November 9th)||Spring (February 22nd)|
|Co-Ed Cheerleading||Boys/Girls Basketball||Baseball|
|Boys/Girls Cross Country||Girls Dance||Boys/Girls Crew (Club)|
|Girls Dance||Girls Gymnastics||Boys/Girls Lacrosse|
|Field Hockey||Co-ed Rifle (Club)||Boys/Girls Soccer|
|Football||Boys/Girls Swim & Dive||Softball|
|Boys/Girls Golf||Boys/Girls Indoor Track||Boys/Girls Tennis|
|Girls Volleyball||Wrestling||Boys/Girls Outdoor Track|
In order to try out, you must submitted a Try Out card and Emergency Care Card to the Head coach on the first day of try outs. Head coach contact information for each sport can be found on the Head Coach information webpage.
TRY OUT CARDS are handed out in the Activities Office and Athletic Training Room when you have completed the requirements listed below:
- The VHSL form must say “Revised February 2017” at the top right corner. No other versions will be accepted.
- The form must be filled out by a doctor, with the physical completed May 1, 2020 or LATER for this school year.
- This must be turned in once per year to the Activities Office or the Athletic Training staff – it is good for any season or green days/conditioning sessions during the school year (valid through June 30th, 2021).
- Each athlete AND one parent/guardian must review the online Concussion Training presentation.
- Upon completion, print, sign and submit the last page to the Student Activities Office or Athletic Trainer as confirmation.
- This must be completed once per year.
- Must be turned in to the head coach of any sport you intend to try out for.
- An Emergency Care card is required for each coach for each season (make copies).
Turning in Try Out Cards
- Stop by the Activities Office or Athletic Training Room each season to get your TRY OUT CARD to turn in to the coach on the first day of tryouts.
- You can stop by the week before tryouts once you have the requirements met.
- There will also be 3 dedicated turn-in days leading up to tryouts to turn in the completed forms and get your TRYOUT CARD - check the LB Athletics or LB Athletic Trainers Twitter feeds for specific dates.
- Fall sports traditionally have try-outs/cuts the first week of AUGUST.
- Look for information on the official LBSS Sports website or contact the coach directly.
- All freshmen are academically eligible for sports in the fall and winter.
- High School students must pass no less than five credits the previous semester to remain eligible each season.