Middle School New Student Registration

Phone: 703-426-1030 | Fax: 703-426-1193 Registration Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.

The Student Registration Welcome Center provides school enrollment for students whose home language is other than English, all students whose natural parents or legally adoptive parents do not reside in Fairfax County, tuition-paying students and students in foster care placed by other Virginia Counties or by out-of-state agencies. If you speak a language in addition to English, if someone other than the birth parent is registering the student, or the student’s previous school was outside the United States, then please begin your registration at the Dunn Loring Student Registration office, 703-204-6740.

Registrations are by appointment only. Please call to schedule your appointment at Lake Braddock Middle School Student Services at 703-426-1030. The student and biological parent/legal guardian must be present during registration. General registration requirements are on the Fairfax County Public Schools website.

Please use the FCPS Boundary Locator to find out which school your student will attend. You must physically reside in Fairfax County to register directly at the school.

  1. Contact your current school's student services office to have them begin their withdrawal procedures.
  2. Contact the LBSS Middle School Office of Student Services to obtain a registration appointment with our registrar at 703-426-1030.
  3. Complete the necessary forms which can be downloaded here.

Bring the following to your registration appointment:

  • Completed registration forms from step 3 above
  • Deed or lease to provide proof of residency
  • Registering parent’s photo ID (such as a driver’s license)
  • Student's original birth certificate
  • Report card or withdrawal/transfer slip from your child's previous school and/or transcripts
  • Record of immunizations - documentation of required immunizations must be presented prior to attendance. Secondary school students do not need a school entrance physical exam.
  • Any special education documents such as an Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan