Bruin Nation 2022-23 School Year!
Announcements, Events, Support Services, and More!
Welcome to the 2022-23 School Year, Bruin Nation!
We will post announcements in this section as they become finalized.
Meet Our New Teachers!
New Teachers Last Name (A-L)
New Teachers Last Name M-Z
Click the images below to access essential information about the 2022-2023 school year.
Please note that student schedules will be LIVE in SIS StudentVue and ParentVue Thursday, August 18th at 6:30am.
Middle School Student Services Summer Newsletter
High School Student Services Newsletter
- 7th Graders will be assigned lockers. Bruin Blast is the perfect time to practice your locker combination and bring your school supplies.
- 8th thru 12th graders can request lockers. We have found a trend that many students rarely utilize their lockers.
Attention students in 8th-12th: Would you like to request a locker for the 2022-23 school year? The Locker Request Form will be open on Monday, Sept 12 at midnight and close on Friday, Sept 16.
- Locker repair forms will be available in subschools during the school year.
How to Open Your Locker:
1. Turn right two whole turns and stop at your first number.
2. Then turn left one whole turn past your first number and stop at your middle number.
3. Now turn right and stop at your last number.
Middle School: Tuesday, September 6
- The MS Student Services Team will hold a parent presentation on developing a “Growth Mindset” in your middle school student at 5:45 in the Little Theatre (Door #14).
- The traditional Back-to-School-Night format of classroom visitation will begin at 6:30 pm with period 1. All middle school students received a flyer to take home through Advisory on 8/31. Schedules will also be available at BTSN in the Career Center and on ParentVue. The class visitation will follow the purple day (periods 1, 3, 5 & 7) and then gold day (periods 2, 4 & 6) schedule. We look forward to seeing you on September 6!
- MS Back to School Night Flyer
High School: Wednesday, September 14
- Back-To-School Night is being held Wednesday, September 14 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. At Back-To-School Night you will have the opportunity to meet with each of your child’s teachers.
- A Parent Presentation will be held prior to Back-To-School-Night in the Little Theater beginning at 5:45 pm. This presentation will include information on how to support your student and how to help them develop a “growth mindset”.
- Each class will meet for 10 minutes with a 7 minute passing period. You will follow your student's schedule as follows: 1,3,5,7,2,4,6
- Students will come home with a flier with their schedule printed on the back on Monday, September 12, from their Advisory class. Schedules are also available on ParentVUE and in the Career Center on BTSN.
- HS Back to School Flyer
- SS2-7th grade I Administrator Lance Jackson I Administrative Assistant Miranda Moscatelli 703-426-1120 I Attendance Line 703-426-1182
- SS1-8th grade I Administrator Josie Rodriguez-Walhout I Administrative Assistant Denisse Gordon 703-426-1110I Attendance Line 703-426-1181
- SS3 Last Names A-D I Administrator Carlos Gonzalez I Administrative Assistant Marcia Salgado 703-426-1130 I Attendance Line 703-426-1183
- SS4 Last Names E-K I Administrator Alison Reeves I Administrative Assistant Jeanine Bogan-Stevens 703-426-1140 I Attendance Line 703-426-1184
- SS5 Last Names L-P I Administrator Ivan Aranha I Administrative Assistant Megan Babcock 703-426-1150 I Attendance Line 703-426-1185
- SS6 Last Names Q-Z I Administrator Scott Darwin I Administrative Assistant Claudia Dieguez 703-426-1160 I Attendance Line 703-426-1186
- Add money to your lunch account in the Cafeteria or in MySchoolBucks!
- Free and reduced-price meal applications are now open for the 2022-23 school year! Any family interested in free or reduced-price meals MUST submit a new application, even if your child has received free meals in the past. Submit an application for your child today here. The online free and reduced-price meals application is available in the eight languages (to change the language of the application click on the Language link in the top right of the screen). Please check out the Free and Reduced-Price Meals page on the FCPS website for more information.
- For menus and information on how students can purchase meals, check out the FCPS website here. On this page, you can also find directions on payment, transferring funds, and refund requests.
Please be sure to check out our complete attendance procedures for the 2022-23 school year at our website: Attendance Procedures.
- How to report an absence
- What to do when a student will arrive late to school
- What to do when a student needs to leave school early
Please note the online attendance form will no longer be active this year. Please do not email the Subschool for early dismissals or absences. You must use the attendance lines as outlined in our Attendance Procedures.
At the Secondary School level, we do not have an expectation that the same school supplies will be required in every classroom. We encourage you to identify school supplies that work best for your student. Teachers may have supply lists available at Bruin Blast and will work with each of their classes during the first weeks of school regarding supplies for their specific course.
- Parents/Guardians, please check to ensure the Transportation Intent for each student is accurate in ParentVue. This process must be completed for each student. Through your SIS ParentVue account, you can see your child’s transportation assignments and intent on the “Student Info” tab.
- Transportation assignments for the first day of school, August 22, 2022, became available on August 09, 2022, and changes may be made up to August 17, 2022. Please allow three to five business days to see your child’s updated transportation assignment reflected in your SIS ParentVUE account.
- All students eligible for transportation services will be provided transportation unless the parent has stated ‘NO’ to the Transportation Intent. If you are in the walking boundary or not currently assigned transportation, no information will be displayed.
- Transportation receives and imports updates on Monday and Thursday. Intent changes may take a week to show.
- Exception to Ride-If a child is not eligible to ride a school bus, a parent or guardian may request an exception to the transportation policy to allow the child to ride. Requests made for the start of the school year will not be considered until all eligible riders have been placed on routes and overload issues have been resolved.
- Parents/Guardians can view Guidelines for the Exception to Ride request TR-51 on the FCPS website
- Parents/Guardians can view the Exception to ride Request form TR-52 on the FCPS website.
- Please contact Transportation at 703-446-2050 with any questions.
- Buses are set to park at the same place every afternoon. Here is a picture to help students locate their bus faster!
- Check out our Transportation page here
- Student parking form for the 22-23 school year is now closed.
- Parking enforcement will begin on Monday, September 12. Students with a parking pass will be assigned a specific parking space.
- We have added an additional option to the kiss-n-ride process off from Burke Lake Road for the morning drop off. It is similar to the pattern we used last school year, with the addition of being able to use the blacktop and exit out the back of the building. The blacktop access will be available from 7:20 am to 7:50 am. It will close at that time to allow the Health and PE classes to begin setting up. Please see the photo below. In addition, the kiss-n-ride will still be available from Lake Braddock Drive, dropping off at door 3.
Late Bus Days and Departure Times:
Monday: 4:45 p.m.
Tuesday: 4:45 p.m.
Wednesday: 4:45 p.m.
Thursday: 4:45 p.m.
Late buses will begin September 19,2022 and end late May.
Please see our Transportation page for more information!
9th-10th graders through P.E.; 11th graders through English classSeptember 8, 2022 – September 9, 2022
Photographers from Victor O’Neill Studios will take school portraits for all underclassmen high school students in grades 9, 10, and 11. Freshmen (9th grade) and Sophomores (10th grade) will sit for their portraits in the gym during the class period when they have P.E. on Thursday, September 8th (a gold day) or Friday, September 9th (a purple day). Juniors (11th grade) will travel to the gym as part of their HS English class whenever that class meets on those two days. Students unable to sit for their portraits during those times may get permission from their Subschool Administrator to have their pictures taken during WIN Time (Period 8) on September 8th. Make-up dates in October are TBA.
If you would like to purchase prints of the school portraits, you may do so via the Picture Day Order Forms distributed to your student through P.E. You may also place an order online by clicking here.
7th-8th graders through P.E. September 15, 2022 – September 16, 2022
Photographers from Victor O’Neill Studios will take school portraits for all middle school students in grades 7 and 8. Students will sit for their portraits in the gym during the class period when they have P.E. on Thursday, September 15th (a purple day) or Friday, September 16th (a gold day). Students unable to sit for their portraits during those times may get permission from their Subschool Administrator to have their pictures taken during WIN Time (Period 8) on September 16th. Make-up dates in October are TBA.
School Picture Day is coming Thursday September 15th & Friday September 16th 2022 . Pictures will be available approximately two weeks following our school's photo day. Save time and Pre-order online here.
For questions about ordering please email @email
Make-up Day for both HS and MS is October 27-stay tuned for more information
- This school year Lake Braddock, along with many schools across FCPS, will be implementing e-Hallpass for 2022-2023 school year.
- eHallpass is an online platform that allows Lake Braddock staff to issue hall passes to students anytime they need to leave a classroom. This new platform helps us to manage how many students are in the hallways during the school day, helps us keep students in the classroom during essential instruction, and creates a safe environment for our students.
- Students are able to access e-Hallpass through their school-issued device using any web browser. Students will have two hall passes per day for their personal use but can request additional passes from their teachers in the need arises.
For more information and videos please see our eHallpass page
- This year, all FCPS schools are administering an SEL Screener throughout the year. At Lake Braddock, students will complete this 18 question screener on November 2 or November 4, 2022 during Advisory. Please click here to view this information, as well as translated versions, on SEL Screener page.
- If you do not want your student to take part in the SEL screener, please complete the opt-out process by Friday, October 28. You may complete the opt-out process through the “Student Information” page on SIS ParentVue. At the top of the page, click “Edit Information”. Then, the SEL Screener Participation is the second option. Or, you may complete the opt-out process by printing and filling out the form from the main SEL information page (translations are available here). Paper forms should be returned to the Main Office. Please contact your student's school counselor or subschool assistant principal with questions.
Check out our second option for Kiss & Ride in the morning available from 7:20-7:50 am!