Digital Citizenship Week
Digital Citizenship Week is October 19–23, 2020!
Digital Citizenship Week is a great time for school communities to start, renew, or double down on their commitment to engaging students in learning important digital citizenship concepts and skills. Understanding and practicing these concepts will help students become safe, ethical and responsible citizens. FCPS has materials to support families on the Digital Citizenship website, including a course to help guide a conversation between parents and teens. Please consider bringing Digital Citizenship home this week with the prompts below to begin a conversation.
Monday - Media Balance and Well Being
- Daily Question: How can I create media balance in my life?
- Share a video and discuss: Screen Time: How Much Is Too Much?
Tuesday - Privacy and Security
- Daily Question: How can I keep my private data safe?
- Share a video and discuss: The Right Age for Social Media
Wednesday - Digital Footprint and Identity
- Daily Question: How can I build a digital footprint I'm proud of?
- Share a video and discuss: Teen Voices: Who Are You on Social Media?
Thursday - Relationships and Communication
- Daily Question: How can I communicate kindly, build relationships, and stand up to hate?
- Share a video and discuss: Teen Voices: Hate Speech Online
Friday - News and Media Literacy
- Daily Question: How can I think critically about the things I see, create, and share?
- Share a video and discuss: Social Media: Is Your Breaking News Broken?