End of Year Information and Calendar
May 27, 2021
Dear Lake Braddock Community:
Below is important Lake Braddock Secondary School information regarding the end of the school year. Please reach out to your child's counselor or Subschool Principal with any questions you may have.
END OF YEAR BELL SCHEDULE:
- The 2020-21 Year End Events Calendar has updated information regarding the last two weeks of school. This calendar includes Senior event information, final exam schedule and laptop collection.
- Days to Note:
- June 3rd, 4th, 8th, and 9th are all half days (Dismissal at 12 pm). Grab & go lunches and yearbook distribution will take place at 11:40 am – 12:00 pm on these days.
- June 8th is a virtual synchronous day for all students as elections are being held at our school. All students should log in and attend their classes virtually on this day.
- June 10th Graduation – no school for students.
- June 11th is a 2 – Hour Day with dismissal at 10:20 am.
- Seniors-Final Exams June 1st – June 4th
- Underclassman-Final Exams June 3rd – 4th; June 8th – 9th
- Final Exam schedule can be found here.
MATERIAL AND LAPTOP COLLECTION:
All students are asked to remove stickers from the laptops and return the correct charging cord.
Library books can be dropped off on the cart outside the Library.
- SENIORS: All seniors will turn in their laptops on June 4th. Seniors who are virtual or not scheduled for an in-person day on June 4th, can turn their laptops in the Library after classes on the afternoon of June 4th or any day before June 11th.
- UNDERCLASSMEN AND MIDDLE SCHOOL:
- Underclassmen and middle school students scheduled to be in person on Wednesday, June 9th and/or Friday, June 11th, will turn in their laptop/materials on their last in person day.
- Underclassmen and middle school students who are virtual or not scheduled to be in person on June 11th will turn in their laptops/materials on June 10th. Collection of Laptops/Chargers will take place in the Library from 8 am-3 pm. Class and instructional materials will be collected from the individual departments at Doors 3, 4, 5, or 6 on June 10th as well. Students are asked to contact their teacher for specific locations/times.
VACCINATION CLINICS FOR FCPS:
- Information regarding the FCPS COVID vaccination clinics has been sent directly to families via email from FCPS. Lake Braddock students who have registered to receive their vaccinations are scheduled for Wednesday, June 9 at West Springfield High School. If you have questions regarding the clinics, please visit this FCPS website.
- Attendance for students attending the clinic will be updated automatically for the periods for which they are absent.
- Staff members will be at Door 1 to help get students on the shuttle buses. LB staff members will also be present at West Springfield High School.
- Virtual students with appointments will need to be dropped off at the Bruin Bear and proceed to Door 1. When virtual students return, they should be picked up at the Bruin Bear. We are estimating that the entire trip should be complete in about an hour.
- Vaccination appointments will not interfere with a student getting a grab and go lunch upon their return.
If you are taking an AP exam this year (digital or in-person), please find updated information at this link regarding important policies and procedures during the AP Exam testing window.
Please contact the AP Testing Team with questions:
Lynn Carrera – @email
Megan Cashman - @email
Jennifer Bury - @email
The LBSS SOL testing schedule can be found HERE and a PDF calendar HERE. Students will receive an email to their Google account with their specific testing room assignment approximately one week before testing.
Make-up SOL testing will occur the week of Tuesday, June 1 (all Reading SOLs), Wednesday, June 2 (all Math SOLs) and Thursday, June 3 (all Science SOLs). Make-up testing will take place in the Lecture Hall at 8:15. Please note, if a student does not normally ride a bus on that make-up day, they will have to make alternate transportation arrangements. The testing office will handle attendance for students who show up for make-ups during that week. A student can decide to refuse rather than make-up a test and would follow the same 2 step procedures listed on our refusal website: https://lakebraddockss.fcps.edu/testing-refusal.
- Graduation Day is Thursday, June 10th. There will be no classes on this day for any Lake Braddock students. Virtual students and those underclassmen not scheduled for in person classes on Fridays will turn in their laptops/materials from 8am to 3pm in the Library.
- *** Ticket Update*** We are excited to announce that each Senior participating in the Jiffy Lube Live Ceremony will receive 10 tickets for their family members. Seats are not assigned, and they are first come first served. All tickets will be handed to Seniors at the conclusion of the 2nd rehearsal.
JUNE 11th DETAILS:
- 2 Hour School Day
- Dismissal at 10:20 am
- In-person students (students scheduled to be in-person on a Friday) will turn in laptops that day.
UPCOMING PARENT NIGHTS:
- Rising 7th Grade Parent Night – June 3rd at 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Rising 9th Grade Parent Night – June 2nd at 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- There will be no required assignments from teachers this summer.
- Some departments and courses may offer optional assignments for students. These optional assignments will be posted to the Lake Braddock Website no later than June 11th.
Lake Braddock's 2020-2021 End of Year Exam and Events Calendar